

We arrived in Salzburg today, and are staying at a hotel by ourselves tonight! The couchsurfer we planned to stay with lives a bit further from the city than we knew and it would have been too difficult to try to train-bus to her place then back to go to Munich a few days after. Hopefully it will be sunny tomorrow so we can get a few minutes of the city sightseeing in before we venture off to Munich to stay with my uncle and cousins.
Last night we stayed with Peter and Nat who were very kind and interesting, both expats ( Nat of Canada and Peter of the US)...They gave us our own warm room and bed away from the rainy chilly night. Thank you guys so much!!!
Troy and I both decided we wanted to follow our last day in Paris' post with a list of important-interesting-weird things a first-timer to London should know:
1. The post office boxes are red
2. when people ask "Are you all right", it's a greeting....not asking if you really are all right
3. MIND THE GAP, is something you will hear until exhaustion in the underground
4. The exchange rate from US dollars, SUCKS!!! about 1.75 to 1 pound
5. In the summer the underground gets over 90 degrees, and they have had engineering competitions for years trying to figure out how to get air pumped so far below ground
6. "init" to Londoners is "eh" to Canadians
7. Football is soccer, not football, don't F with Manchester United or Chelsea
8. fries are chips and chips are crisps
9. you can't ever get away from a McDonalds, Starbucks, Subway or Pizza Hut
10. The Queen is 80
11. you can't deface her image, or you could be thrown in jail!
12. its as close to America as International travels gets
12. In the states, gas is either for your car, or coming out of your body. In England, and many places in Europe for that matter, gas is carbonation...so be prepared to answer if you want your water "with or without gas"....A very strange question to hear the first time!
The pics are from London to Salzburg....Troy passed out on the Stanstead express on the way to the airport, and we found GIGANTIC chocolate bars in the airport. I have never seen these sizes in the states..
We will write more soon :)
Tsuse! ( did I spell that right???) heheheh

1 Comments:
"Are you all right." ??? "init." I'm not even getting excited about the Marlins opening day at home. With all the preparations for "Good Friday and "Easter" I've been kept busy. I'm planning to take my Mom to a Sat. evening service since it fits into both our schedules. We have been having a service on Wed., 2 on Sat.and 3 on Sundays. We're baptizing most every service and for "Easter" we're having a sun-rise service and Baptism at the beach also."His" church is growing leaps and bounds How glorious that you'll have the opportunity to share "Resurrection Day" In Europe. Will you be in Rome then. ??? How many calories are in that humongous chocolate bar.???Eat any Haggus or Shepherds pie lately. ??? Wish I was there.!!! Sorry I didn't tell you that on my side of the family that we have some distant relatives in Devonshire, England. (Spauldings and Holts) Someday I might search them out. God's speed, eh what !!! Love you, Dad XOXOXOX P.S. "GO Manchester"
Post a Comment
<< Home