

Today we had a leisurely start with scrambled eggs with peppers at 1030am, then off for a nature walk past the old Lord of Neuburg's hunting castle. It was designed with a line-of-sight from the castle to the hunting quarters, similar to the Arc de Triomphe and the Louvre in Paris. The walk started by the hunting castle and went through the forest for three miles We saw wild geese, hunting stands, trees cut by beavers, and BearLeek, which is a grass that smells and tastes like garlic. Robert said in a few more weeks many people will be there to pick and cook with it.The day was as cold as it looks, starting to sprinkle us with a little rain, but the nature was ( as you can see) absolutely beautiful. There is definitely an ancient air in these woods, and its interesting that people have hunted in the same few spots for over 400 years.
We then drove to get a cappuccinno ( there is an extra p, c or n in there somewhere?) and butter pretzel...Robert was horrified that Americans eat mustard with their preztels; he asserted this is not the Bavarian way ;)
Tomorrow will be another relaxing day, lazing around and getting energy for the next busy days which lay ahead. To Sontofen, then Neuswanstein, then possibly Passau to a train in Vienna. We have a lovely host Evelyn for our short stay in Vienna, and then we stay with a chef in Jesolo, outside of Venice.
Our prayers are with Wayne and Debbie....We know Wayne will have a speedy recovery; WE LOVE YOU BOTH!
Until next time....

5 Comments:
Troy and Daija, I've NEVER had breakfast served in bed. However, If memory serves me correctly, I did have others prepare a feast for me while I slept too. My mouth is salivating with ALL your discreptions of various home-town foods. (As a point of interest, Thusnelda Kern-Rillera was born in Munich.)??? #3 Keep warm. !!! (body heat's the BEST as I recall) It looks like you left just in time from SFO. Continuous rain for weeks and flooding etc. and there's more expected to come. Gov. Schwarsenneggar, Arnold (Oh you know who I mean) declared a state of emergency and is not following the Republican stand on Illegal Immigration either. A brave stand to say the least. That's going to make him an Independent for the next election. ??? Arizona is continuing to have the same horrendous problems with I. I'S. also. The laws NEED to be changed. To many ambiguous interpretations, that make it difficult to enforce what laws we now have. We all need to pray and humble ourselves before God on this issue. Marchers from all over our country demonstrating their beliefs in MAJOR cities for our Govt. to come up with a workable solution and wouldn't you know it. Congress went out on Spring-break.??? We're all in GODS' hands anyway, however I wonder what HE'S got in store for US. ENOUGH about home. Continue your adventure of a life-time knowing full well that it is bathed in prayer and that GOD does have a purpose for your journey. Love, Dad XOXOXOX
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
BAVARIAN BEER FEST
You GOTTA do it!
Troy and Daija, "HE IS RISEN INDEED" LOVE YOU, DAD P.S. XOXOXOX
Daija and Troy, Que sera sera, vas es los or que pasa. ??? "HE IS RISEN INDEED" Good night from me. Thought I check in to see what's new. IF I wasn't previous committed to some performances of "Bye Bye Birdie" I would have shown up in Rome. Oh well, every thing happens for a purpose. What about Kyoto, Japan. ??? (Seriously) or Hawaii. ??? Love, Dad P.S. Do you have any approx. dates you'll be there ??? XOXOXOX
Post a Comment
<< Home