I have given up on trying to upload pics from this island, as it seems they have only download capability from here? Its frustrating, but we will be able to upload all pics to fotki and then to blogspot from phuket.
The past three days have been so lovely, so relaxing, even more than the Greek Isles. I think the heat forces relaxation :) The puppy we adopted ( Duppy is Troys name for her) is really sweet. She is all black with a little white patch on her chest, and she has already grown attached to us following us all over the beach. She even ate dinner with us last night!
Tomorrow we go down to Had Rin beach which is on the southern coast of the island. Thong Nai Pan Beach is on the northwest side, and much more secluded. Tomorrow we make the plunge into harcore travel with no AC, but it shouldn't be that bad as our bungalow is oceanfront! Had Rin is near the famous full moon party, which happens on the 11th of June or next Sunday. We are a little apprehensive as to the people attending this thing, and we both agree its highly possible they are all rave-baby hippies, but its good to go once, and say you've done it :) No mom, we will not take ecstasy, mushrooms, or opium. I saw "brokedown palace" too :-O
So I know you all want to see pics, but maybe I can describe our little beach....The water is a light green ( not blue) and is flanked by white sand beaches that vary from powdery to coarse. There are rolling hills covered by dense tropical forest and towering palms. I wasn't expecting it, but there are many huge butterflies all around. Last night on the porch of our bungalow I saw 3 large black with blue monarchs fluttering by me.
The food is really good, and I guess all the foreigners have brought hamburgers and fries, so if you get sick of rice and curry, you can have some food from home:-)
After another few weeks on this island, we head to Ko Samui, then Ko Tao, then to Chonburi. This city is on the east coast of mainland Thailand, and is the gateway for visa runs to Burma. We need to check out how safe these are as I have read mixed stories...but our visa here runs out June 21st, so we need to leave and return by then!
Hopefully we can get some pics to you all soon!
xoxoxoxoxoxox
Love you all

1 Comments:
Daija and Troy, Mother's comments are very TRUE. !!! "Knowledge comes by eyes always open and working hands, and there is no knowledge that is not power." "Life is a long lesson in humility". I DO check in daily of your where abouts and your experiences. I admit there are times I'm really concerned that your encounters and arrangements are well thoughtout. Be well, be cautious and be blessed. Love you, Dad XOXOXOX
Post a Comment
<< Home