




Finally :) Here are some pics. As you can see the island of Milos has very colorful rocks and ridiculous beaches. I did not retouch any of these photos. If you can take that picture and zoom in, you can see they are white, yellow, red, orange and even purple.
We spent today on just one moped ( trying to save a few bucks instead of renting two) and we went from the southeast of Milos, from Paleochori beach( not the one with the orange rocks; I forget the name of that one :-)), through the center where there were many farms/farmers ( see pic) around to Sarakiniko beach ( the white rock beach), and to another rocky cove where we did some cliff diving! Well, ok, Troy did the cliff diving and cool backflips.... I obsessed standing over the cliff about whether the incoming waves would smash me onto a rock, whether it would burn, whether I would have a salt-water enema, whether there were sharks that would bite me, before stepping off the edge feet-first and screaming like a little girl.... :-O
The same little cove where we were jumping, had a beach with the most colorful pebbles I have ever seen. Some where bright orange and white, while others were lavander and yellow. Of course, I picked the prettiest two I could find, and now they are stowed away with us for good luck on the rest of our travels.
Tonight is our last night here in Milos, and in the Greek Isles. Tomorrow afternoon we take the sloooooooow-ass boat back to Pireaus, the port for Athens. We leave at 4pm and do not arrive until 12am! The blue star ferries do not come to Milos, as it is not a very touristed/popular island and so we have to make due with the less expensive "gangsta of the seas" ( Sascha will understand the reference) that takes its time going to 4 different islands before Athens.
Our host has confirmed our stay, and will not only offer us a place to sleep, but possibly a walking tour; which is very cool! Both Troy and I want to see the Acropolis and the Pantheon.
I don't think we'll have time to post tomorrow, as we'll be on the ship most of the day...But we will be able to get wifi in Omonia Square, which is the center of the city.
ps...Mom thank you for the package ( your continued love and help is so amazing) I am excited about rag mags ( who Jessica Simpson is hooking up with, and what new bag Lindsay Lohan is wearing; yes, I know its sad leave me alone >:-) , power bars, and walborne!
I'll try to call you from a place in Athens before we go...
To everyone else: thanks for tuning in :-)
xoxoxoxox

1 Comments:
Dai and Troy, Wow you're jumping off cliffs and impressive diving ???.A 4.5 on form and 9.0 for guts. Someone asked,"Why is youth wasted on the young." ??? "Young people should be helped, sheltered, ignored and clubbed if necessary." "Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise.Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom" I suggest you don't eat any chicken or anything that you don't know what it's made of. Remember dear ones you are now heading into the parts of the world that have different habits and ways. When I was in the Philippines MY main drinking fluid was Mountain Dew unless it was boiled. (coffee soups etc.) I probably had eaten some snake, dog and monkey meat. I even caught a case of Maggellan's revenge. However I was the son of the most prominent man is his town and the red carpet treatment was laid out for his son. There were certain situations I could NOT turn down the food presented to me by my relatives. Such are the ways of life. As you travel through our world be advised the LOCALS are use to their drinking waters. Their fruits, vegetables and rice are fertilized in human waste throught the orient. I pray I was a little informative so as to make your adventure more pleasurable.(ENOUGH SAID). Love, blessings. and prayers go with you, Dad P.S. The "Suns" won in double overtime. I fell asleep and found out in the morning. They lead 3 to 2. XOXOXOX
Post a Comment
<< Home